"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Kahlil Gibran

Living Arrows 7/52

Living Arrows

I am taking part in Donna from What the Redhead Said‘s Living Arrows – which is a celebration of childhood!

We could all do with a little more celebration in our lives!

To quote Donna, “The project originally took it’s name from a poem by Kahlil Gibran, “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth” and every Monday we share a moment from our week and invite others to do the same as part of this linky.”

Week 7/52 Living Arrows

Daytime Bathtime

We’ve spent quite alot of time in the house this week. A combination of minus temperatures outside and me coming to the end of my maternity, so not wanting to share RLT with anyone! We’ve still managed to get quite messy thanks to shaving foam and other messy play at home experiments that we’ve done.

As he got quite sticky, we decided to try him in his first bath during the day. Usually baths are reserved for bed time routine, but he really needed a wash, so in he popped! He absolutely loved playing with his toys in the bath when he wasn’t so sleepy, so much so his feet went wrinkly, he was in that long! (about 15 minutes). He has only recently been strong enough to support himself in his seat where he can sit up, so he was enjoying swishing his legs around in the water and tapping the top of the water to get me soaked! He particularly liked how high we got the bubbles.

Sorry it isn’t a more exciting update – but we had fun!

rlt in bath

You may also like

Living Arrows 30/52

Living Arrows 29/52

Living Arrows 28/52

11 Comments

• Nicola
    February 13, 2017 at 10:37 am

Beautiful photo of the adorable RLT. Bath time is so much fun. It’s incredible how they go from just sitting (or being propped up!) there, to actually beginning to become aware of their surroundings and enjoying bath time. We have the same seat, it’s so good knowing they’re secure so you can mess around with the bubbles and the ducks and not have to worry about propping them.

• iamcrabstix
      February 13, 2017 at 10:39 am

He still has the occasional slip where i think he’s gonna hurt his bits 🙈🙈🙈

• the frenchie mummy
    February 13, 2017 at 12:41 pm

The first bath is magical! YOur little one looks so happy! Love it! #LivingArrows

• Sophie Durrans
    February 13, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Fun is what bath times should be about! #Livingarrows

• Devon Mama
    February 13, 2017 at 9:48 pm

He looks so excited being in there playing! We’ve not got a bath seat but now I’m wishing we had one (not really worth it now but next time!) as we can’t do solo baths very easily! Sounds like he had great fun and a great use of the end of your maternity leave!! Well done on getting that first bath done!

• iamcrabstix
      February 13, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Haha! Cheeky!x

• Emily and Indiana
    February 15, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I remember feeling the same when my maternity leave came to an end – I just wanted my little girl all to myself! We love day time baths here too. So much more time for playing! xx

• Kate Tunstall, The Less-Refined Mind
    February 15, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Gorgeous photo. and it’s making me super excited for my next one to arrive! Bath time when they’re little is such a precious time x

• Joanna
    February 16, 2017 at 9:04 am

Bless he looks like he is having so much fun #livingarrows

• Donna
    February 16, 2017 at 8:20 pm

We LOVE a day time bath. Such a novelty! It looks like he is loving it and I don’t blame you for hibernating for the last of your maternity leave – it may make it last a little longer! x

• Madeline (this Glorious Life)
    February 18, 2017 at 8:13 am

Such a lovely photo, he really looks like he loved it! There’s always something fun about doing things outside of the normal routine! x #LivingArrows