Thank you to the second best Nicola I know 🙂 for the tag (she’s at Mummy to Dex, I recommend you have a look at the supermum she is, mixing up a storm in the kitchen with this baby led weaning malarky).
Reading her post this morning got me sooooo Christmassy that I went out and bought Winter Spice Ribena!
We don’t have our tree up yet, but I have a garage full of reindeers made from logs if anyone wants one? A good deed went wrong… It deserves its own post when I can laugh about it! Here is a work in progress pic of the little horrors!
- What’s your favourite Christmas movie? Home Alone – obvs
- Have you ever had a White Christmas? Yeah, when I was a bit younger. It gets pretty cold up here in the North East, a white Christmas is not uncommon. We’ve had snow already this year, snow lie!
- Where do you usually spend your holiday? There is no ‘usually’! This will be the first year as a family! Last year Mark and I avoided Christmas and went to New York until 27th Dec. We walked around Central Park on Christmas Day morning and went to a Brazilian bbq for lunch! The year before that we didn’t spend together as it was going to be my last Christmas in my family home, as my parents were selling up, as they decided to separate after 34 years! So was quite sad, as was last year for personal reasons. So looking forward to smiling this year!
- What is your favourite Christmas song? Julian Casblancas (from The Strokes) I wish it was Christmas today or Dominic the Donkey, no idea who that is by.
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? Yeah, new jarmas. Although, I’m not sure if I’ve told Mark about this tradition, must remember to!
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yeah, Shaniqua, Donna-Marie, Donna-Sharon, Donna-Louise, Ellie-Mae and Maisie-Mae.
- What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year? Starting our own, whatever they may be – also locking the door and spending time just the three of us. Hoping to do this on Christmas Eve.
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? Non-existant at the moment, but will be real when we go buy it.
- What’s your all time favourite holiday treat/food/sweet? Sausage meat stuffing, but I no longer eat pigs as I’ve read alot of literature about how they are as intelligent as dogs, so I don’t eat them now. Maternity leave has given me lots of spare time…
- Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better? Giving. I hate opening presents in front of people because I have a very expressive face. If I don’t like something, my face goes from resting bitch face to disgusted and there isn’t a thing I can do about it.
- What is the best Christmas present you have ever received? Money from my dad to buy RLT’s cot, wardrobe and drawers last year. Saved us a small fortune! Thanks, dad!
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? Some ski resort. I went to South Africa for Christmas in 2012 and it was just weird being in the heat (and with teetotal mormons).
- Are you a pro present wrapper or do you fail miserably? One side will be awesome and the other, usually the last one, will look dogshit.
- Most memorable holiday moment? I never have any memories of Christmas. I have gone out on Christmas Eve with my friends for 16 years (except 2012 and 2015) and pretty much ruined Christmas Day every year. We always say we’ll start early so we go home early, but this never happened. Obviously now I have a baby, I won’t be doing this anymore so will start memorable moments from now.
- What made you realise the truth about Santa? I was nine and a boy called Damien told me, he was two years older and a pig. I still remember that moment and I still hate him.
- What makes the holidays special for you? I work in education – so we have mandatory holiday… so it is special because I’ve never had to work it! waaahahaha
Again, I’m not tagging anyone because there are a few of these doing the rounds… that’s my Christmas present to anyone with a blog that I know! Merry Christmas!