“You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Kahlil Gibran

Living Arrows 14/52

Living Arrows

I am taking part in Donna from What the Redhead Said‘s Living Arrows – which is a celebration of childhood!

We could all do with a little more celebration in our lives!

To quote Donna, “The project originally took it’s name from a poem by Kahlil Gibran, “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth” and every Monday we share a moment from our week and invite others to do the same as part of this linky.”

Week 14/52 Living Arrows

Holiday Shopping

I’m always reluctant to take the little one shopping, but we’ve just booked our first family holiday abroad, so I wanted to get a start on getting his holiday clothes!

Although he is in the 25th percentile for weight, he has a head that only fits in hats made for children twice his age, likewise for shoes! So I have to take him to try things out!

We have booked a break with Jet 2 Holidays  – we usually travel long-haul, but we thought it was a good idea to make the little ones first trip on an aeroplane as short as possible.

This is where we are going, if anyone has ever been and has advice?  I’ve never been to the Costa Del Sol.

Anyway, back to RLT – I didn’t think he would be such a willing participate in the holiday shop – but alas, if there was a mirror he was there!

We managed to get some great things for him! Next step….. getting that passport picture!

You may also like

Living Arrows 50/52

Living Arrows Week 49/52

Living Arrows Week 48/52

7 Comments

• Nicola
    April 4, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Recommend MAX spielmann for the passport photo. They did a great job on doing D’s when he was a few weeks old (I was very optimistic!!!) he’s looking super cute in the photo

#LivingArrows

• Devon Mama
    April 4, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Ahhh look at that photo!! He’s bloody gorgeous! Holiday looks lovely, anywhere for a bit of a break and some family time just the three of you will be great no matter what you get up to! We did passport photos at 8 weeks by holding him up in a photo booth, it was hard work and would probably be worse now he’s even more wriggly. There are lots of places though that they’ll lay them down on a sheet OR I’ve seen places online that will take a regular photo of your child and alter it digitally to be passport friendly!!

• Ray
    April 6, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Aw cute photo! I’d love to go on holiday, I’m not at all jealous…honest. #livingarrows

• Donna
    April 7, 2017 at 4:48 pm

He looks SO cute in that hat!! I had the same issue with Athena, she was about the 6th centile and yet had a huge head! I hope you have a fantastic holiday when you get there x

• the frenchie mummy
    April 8, 2017 at 2:21 pm

OMG such a cute dude! Love this hat! Have fun! I wish I could go away too!
    #LivingArrows

• Emily and Indiana
    April 9, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Looks amazing, how exciting! We took our eldest to Majorca at 6 months and we had a fantastic time :). Good luck with the passport photo, I’d definitely recommend somewhere like Snappy Snaps xx

• Mudpie Fridays
    April 9, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Oh that hat is adorable!! I know what you mean re long haul. We took Kipper on his first holiday last year to Costa Dorada in Spain and had a great time. Good luck with the passport photos. #LivingArrows